Signs You have a Narcissistic Wound from Childhood
A narcissistic wound refers to the trauma that we acquire as a subject of abuse from childhood. These wounds are from someone who is a narcissist or had narcissistic tendencies.
1) You attract emotionally manipulative friends and partners in your life
This is because you have developed a pattern to adjust with narcissistic relationships.
2) You expect a lot from people
Just how your parents expected more from you, and that's how you demand from yourself & others.
3) You can't say "No" to people
You become a people pleaser as you were punished in childhood for disagreeing with your parents.
4) You set really high benchmarks for yourself
To prove that you are powerful, you set yourself a bar which is very high. This is self torture.
5) You can't tolerate criticism from people
When someone shows even a slightest hint of dislike, it upsets you a lot.
If you can relate to this, understand that in order to heal it's best to:
– Treat yourself with compassion and forgiveness instead of punishing yourself.
– Be positive, give up the idea that you'll ever receive love from a narcissist in your life.
You May Also Like:
Emotional Boundaries – All about Creating Space between You and the other Person
Your Self Loathing Mindset – How Bad Is It?